Friday, June 19, 2009

Laundry Day and the importance of downsizing.

One of the things I ignored the past six months was my laundry. I finally finished it. The first part of the the task was done here, at the Clubhouse. Seeing as it cost a lot to do laundry here, I had to come up with an alternate plan to finish the second half after spending my last ten dollars washing towels (damn kids!).

So I went of to LisaLi's house and we had a great time doing laundry and talking shit. As LisaLi has just been, shall we say, removed from her responsibilities at her job, she has a lot of free time. She is also in the process of practicing frugality. We had a good laugh at at our former decadent selves with our splurges on $20 shampoo and weekly facials. Now we are forced to buy our shampoo at Target and hope that we don't get zits.

It's funny because we both suffer from the same affliction of overdoing it. Target shampoo is perfectly acceptable! when did we ever get the idea that it wasn't? Not having expensive clothes and bags and crap is fine. We never did before. Why do we think that we have to have so much crap in order to live? I blame Sarah Jessica Parker. Why? Because I can.

Anyway, it was a nice chat and we mutually agreed to remember to downsize, no fancy coffees, steak dinners, Bristol Farms, expensive hair appointments, facials, or manicures.

We decided to still keep our pancakes on Sunday though, you can't go without everything, can you darling?

2 comments:

  1. bingo! read the NYT online and indulge on breakfast! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm in perfect agreement but I can keep hunting, yeah?

    ReplyDelete