Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wait, that was EASY?! or The Hug.

Last night I had a conversation that changed things for me. It was a simple conversation,no more than ten minutes. I approached the conversation in a new light, with open ears and it was easy. I listened, really listened, and I was understood. No muss, no fuss, no drama. I am, as you know, in a new phase of my life and I can't believe how much things have changed so quickly. I feel as if the world is the same, my life is the same, there is still no money, I am still up at 10:30pm writing and watching TV alone, but I don't care! I mean I care, but not to the point of crying or being upset. I just am.
That's what happened last night. He talked and I was. I didn't think I was being attacked or blamed. I realized that sometimes people just need to say things and I just need to listen. We talked. We don't know what it is, but we know what it's not. It's not yelling, screaming, changing, bending. It just is. I'm learning that you just have to let people be. Let them fall, do things you wouldn't do, say things you wouldn't say. You don't have to like it and you can walk away anytime. So why "change" them? Just let people be. And that was rewarded with a hug.

1 comment:

  1. Strange how well it all works when you stop trying so hard to bend it to your will.

    ReplyDelete