So, I went and played actress today on the set of a TV show. Apparently this show is quite popular. Anyway, it was. . .exactly as I remember it. Kinda boring. I was very nervous on the way there. However, The Bird and several others reminded me that I was playing myself so there was no need for nerves. I wasn't too concerned about the acting part, more the having to interact with people in a world that is miles away from the one one I normally inhabit. That being said, I hardly talked to anyone at all.
So the lesson for today is: Fear and anxiety are based on your imagination of the future or regret of the past and neither one of those things have anything to do with right now. So Fuck it.
My good pal tony had a great analogy. He said that they hired me and picked me to drive this expensive car because I was the only one who could do, in fact I was perfectly suited, so I should forget all the crap and just drive. So I did.
After rushing to the set, I was promptly asked to. . .wait. For three hours. Nice. I love the fact that today I got paid a lot of money to:
a) sit
b) read
c) sit some more while someone did my makeup
d) sit again
e) say a few things
f) sit and eat
g) say the same things
h) sit
i) say the same things again and leave.
Ah Hollywood, will it ever make any sense?
All in all, it was a nice afternoon and an easy way to make a ton of money with your clothes on. The best part of the day was the crew. They were hysterical-lewd and inappropriate, yet professional and courteous all at the same time. Everyone kept remarking on the fact that I was a "real teacher." I like the fact that someone who is "real" gets oohs and ahhs from a bunch of people paid to pretend. So the answer to the above question is, no god dammit, Hollywood will never make any sense.
It's nice to be home in my "real life."
well done, grasshopper! ;~D
ReplyDeleteHey, I don't get paid to pretend. I get paid to push the green button and spin the white wheel and never ever never ever fuck up. Good times! Anyway, congrats now go do it again and then take me to dinner at Harold and Belle's.
ReplyDeleteTo quote Winston Zeddmore, "If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say."
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely Mr. Moose!
ReplyDeleteAnd Captain, will do, as soon as I work off my indentured servitude to Moose.