Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Irony and the Agony

So I am going to reveal some personal information in the name of helping ladies everywhere. Recently I have been feeling really really not so good at all. I thought it was stress, with weddings and job changes etc., but it turns out that all of the crap I have been feeling, anxiety, fatigue, extreme dizziness, mood swings, and all around general crazy is from my birth control! I am writing this because i finally checked out some of my symptoms on the Internet and discovered that I am not crazy, and plenty of other women have felt theses same symptoms. So I am adding my voice to the fray, since you never know who will read this.

The funny part of all of this (and the crazy part too) is that my doctor recommended this particular pill called Loestrin 24, because I said I didn't want to gain weight. So for the last sixth months I have thought this pill was wonderful, all because I didn't gain weight. I stupidly chose to ignore the dizziness, anxiety, migraines etc, because yes, I was still skinny.

Sigh. It is amazing how we women ignore our bodies and instincts. Once I figured all of this out, I had a good laugh at my stupidity and once again was reminded that "life is one long lesson in humility." And to top it all of, this damn pill isn't even covered by my insurance. Essentially, I have been paying out of pocket to feel like crap. Silly, Supernana.

So ladies, pay attention to your bodies. If you don't feel good, it is not normal! And- don't be stupid, life is so much better when you're happy and perhaps(shocking!), a bigger size !

No comments:

Post a Comment