Monday, September 6, 2010

The storm cloud is on its way . . .

Sometime I don't know what to do other than love someone. A dear friend lost his mom two years ago today. I'm watching him like a movie: his pain, his isolation. I can feel sad for him;I am both removed and completely a part of the situation.

This is my first time grieving the loss of someone I've never met, someone whose absence is palpable in every conversation, every milestone, every look. (He smiles her smile-just like her!)

I can only hope than my own emotional ineptitude doesn't get in the way.

Sometime I don't know what to do other than love someone.

3 comments:

  1. and that's what you have to do; jut be there with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes loving silence is what guys need the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working through grief is a deeply painful and personal experience. As I am finding at the moment.

    You can't 'help', no one can.

    But your being there, trust me, is enough. Just knowing that you're there, whatever, will give all the support they'll need to heal.

    ReplyDelete