Friday, August 7, 2009

The Knee with a Knee

So I went out surfing with my tired self today. (Last night, against my wishes, I was roped into watching the bizarre cartoons on the Cartoon Network that come on after the kiddies go to sleep).

However tired I was, surfing was on my mind. And progress was made. I was getting better and almost up when. . .I fell. Hard.

Instantly I felt the knot forming. I thought for a minute that I would get up and go again, but laying on the board felt too awful. Captain Chaos was a great teacher and said after I showed him my rapidly expanding knee, "Isn't surfing awesome?" I limped up to my towel and after three seconds I could feel my knee swelling. Since I think I am an eight foot tall Maori warrior, I toughed it for about a half an hour. I told Captain, "Whatever I'm a dancer I'll be fine." Which translates to, "I'm a stubborn idiot and I am going to see if this knee explodes, if not I might go screw it up even more." In any case, after said half an hour, my knee developed its own little baby knee in the form of a huge, rather unsightly bruise and a knot. It looks like I got knee capped by some crazy ice skater who wanted to improve her chances of winning an Olympic medal.

So far this week, I am sore from trying to balance while paddling, have a bruised shin where the board hit me, the knee with a knee, and a bump on my head from, you guessed it, where the board hit me.

And yes, surfing is awesome. Totally awesome.

5 comments:

  1. oh my. mom ! go take a hot bath, you bruised woman ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why you ride the foam top and I ride the real board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm pretty much impressed. You are so rock n' roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @CC-I know I know, I'm gonna get that pink board or the one you don't ride anymore. I manifesting. . .

    @Leah-ha!Thanks! But I'm not really. I look pretty silly. I will let you know however when I am officially rock n'roll and awesome.

    ReplyDelete