So I'm with Bog, my fairy god daughter. This way her mom and Captain Chaos get to go be grown ups at Bird's show downtown. So far we got manis and pedis, took photo booth pics, went on the Ferris wheel, watched a silly 80's movie and ate a bunch of crap.
We are on our way to dinner with Josh (hamburgers!) and then headed for a night of ice cream. staying up too late, making up new dance moves, and makeovers.
I was worried this week would be hard, that I would be living in the past, regretting my choices and feeling sorry for myself. Instead it is filled with love, hope for the future, and a little girl who makes me smile. My best friend, bog's mother, has raised a quirky, energetic, smart, and crazy little girl. I hope we don't screw her up too much. I can't believe she is almost eight! I was there the day she was born. (The number of people I can say that about is increasing with alarming frequency.)
Life is good, when you stop and look around.
I'll admit, I'm a little sad to be missing the Bird's show, but hey, that's what Fairy Godmothers are for.
even glenda the good witch didn't go to every party! ya done good, pookie!
ReplyDelete