Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fear and Loathing in Los Angeles

Plagued by insecurities as of late. Can't stop getting out of my own way. What the hell?
I went Downtown to the Pirate Bar last night and let me tell you, nothing makes a girl more insecure than watching a guy she's kinda seeing perform on stage than get swarmed by groupies in cute outfits.
I dated a jazz musician once, and this never happened. I suppose rock and roll is just more appealing than jazz to the groupie types. Or perhaps I was just cuter and younger than his groupies so I didn't care as much. For the first time in my life, I was insecure about my age! Again I ask you, what the hell?
Twenty-something girls suck. I never thought so when I was one of them. So ladies who are now in your forties, I apologize profusely for flirting with your then thirty-something guys. And I will stay away from your forty-something guys. I've learned my lesson.
Karma is a bitch.

4 comments:

  1. It's all in the Gilda hair flip. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a dress code at the Pirate Bar? Do you have to bring your own parrot?

    I just did a post on siblings, and Savannah told me I should ask you about what happened to your doll house when your brothers got a hold of it...Pardon me for assuming you've recovered from any trauma resulting from that event. But I'm curious about what happened to the doll house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you don't have to bring your own parrot but apparently you get free drinks if you dress like a pirate. And I'll respond on your blog for everyone's amusement.

    ReplyDelete