La Petite Creole is back. The true account of a woman in her thirties starting over. AGAIN!
Monday, May 4, 2009
The Worst Week Part Deux
I just discovered that my students did not perform as well as one would wish on a certain exam. I am completely devastated. Not only because I needed this to happen , given the dearth of positive things in my life as of late, but because we really need to do well this year if we want to continue to function as a school. It isn't that bad, it is just not what I wanted. I feel as if it reflects poorly on me as a leader and that bums me out. I try and try and I just want them to succeed, the teachers, the kids, everyone. I always look at myself before I look at any other factor in the equation, which I suppose is good, but also very bad. I am not responsible for the world! I need to remember that. Currently I am a basketcase of nerves and anticipation. If the children only knew how much I worried! Oh well. School is almost out and I can almost taste the summer. I can't wait to see my girls everyday and play in the sun. I can't stop too long to think about things or I might just crumble, so all I can do is remember to "beat on , like [a] boat against the current." The only thing I can think is "oy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment