Friday, May 29, 2009

We done did it again

Tonight was a low point for education. There is no excuse ever to have have teenage kids in a play with smoking, drinking, borderline prostitution, glorification of sex, and (my personal favorite) girls getting drunk and being carted off to Havana in a drunken stupors. Wrong and bad and wrong again. This is what they are doing at night? This is why they are missing school? I have been in children's theatre for about 15 years and never before tonight have I been this horrified. That's saying something. How can I change the world when clearly there is so much work to do? Why are we losing good people who actually care about the best interest of children and keeping people who do this? Argh. I feel like Jerry Maguire. I'm going to stay up all night and write a "mission statement" then get myself fired. Fuck.

1 comment: