Sunday, May 24, 2009

Power to the Drum Circle.

Today the we went to the beach, attempted to work and then started a drum circle using our mad dancing skills. I have always wondered who those people in Venice were that danced in the drum circle and today I was one of them. In fact I was the main one. The Kid says that it was all through the power of my "mean ass" but I think it was just because I was having fun and feeling confident. We started out listening to one big drum circle then we moved away to a smaller one on the beach where we were the only people dancing. Suddenly we were surrounded by about a hundred people playing drums and dancing. It was so much fun. The odd part was that it was the most fun I have had sober in a very long time. And here I thought all those hippies were high. In any case, now is the time to reinvent myself as Mystic Moon or something and have a secret identity on the Venice Boardwalk. As in, "There's Mystic Moon and her daughter Clover Blossom! They've come to dance their pain away and win us over with their moves. Hooray."
Hey, there are worse ways to spend a summer.

3 comments:

  1. Um, no, there are not worse ways to spend a summer, Ms. Moon. I am, however, happy that you had fun in the sun while I got my ass handed to me in the desert. Enjoy, ya hippie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did say "I bet this is what my my mother must have felt like in 1969!"

    ReplyDelete