Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Oh Sailor! Why'd you do it?

So what to do with a man that you love who just can't get it together? You just let him go. And it sucks. That's it, no point in continuing to ruminate.
On another note, my weekend was full of greatness. Me and my ladies spent all weekend together and it was fabulous. I didn't think about work, do any work, talk to any work people, or anything. (you can probably tell because of my horrible grammar and lack of transition sentences)
Anyway, we all spent a ton of time together and talked and laughed and cried. It was better than Cats. We also went back to visit our college, where we met , and got all nostalgic. We sat on the steps in the sun, smoked cigarettes, and ate sushi , for old times sake. It was nice to see how far we've all come and what different women we are, married, divorced, engaged, diabetic, anxiety ridden, childless, working, but happy. We were so happy. It was wonderful. The campus has changed so much, just as we have. I felt good. It was odd because I didn't quite feel old but just the sense that time had passed. It didn't bother me. I felt proud and relieved in a weird way.
In any case, now I'm back at work and dealing with the absurdity that is my job. As much as I love it, there are days when I just can't understand how kids can still WHINE at seventeen? And why, why, why would you do this? Just write the damn paper, wear the stupid uniform, bring the fucking book. End of story. Damn kids.
Weird post I know, too much in my brain to get out in a coherent manner. Deal.

2 comments:

  1. (don't you just love that song?)

    anyway, sweetie...it's wednesady...yesterday could ahve been monday..we're almost at friday..and then it's the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wednesday

    have

    aren't there drugs for this condition of letter juxtaposition?

    ReplyDelete