La Petite Creole is back. The true account of a woman in her thirties starting over. AGAIN!
Monday, October 8, 2007
Guilty as Charged
So I let a friend help me and then I screwed her over and I am consumed, consumed I tell you, with guilt. I have taken the steps to rectify the situation, but here I am at the other end of the forgiveness game. Oh my. How is it that we can only stop and dwell on the action and not on the steps taken to resolve the problem? Oh well. I did have a wonderful conversation with the always faithful (in every sense of the word-She still goes to Mass, God Bless her!) Elaine, out in Boston, who reminded that given the circumstances I’m actually still pretty cool. I have to remind myself to shed my superwoman persona and remember to embrace the fact that I am indeed just like everyone else. I am not above mistakes, craziness, lows, guilt, problems, addictions, or anything we as humans go through. Where did this desire for perfection come from? I'm reading this book called Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters, and at least I have the comfort of knowing that I am not alone. Everyday that I eat, that I am healthy, that I don't beat myself up, is a good day, even if everything else falls apart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment