Please pick up that heavy thing for me. Please help me pay some bills. Please help me with my laundry since I just had surgery and shouldn't pick up heavy things.
They seem so simple as I write them, but they are next to impossible to ask. Actually, asking for help IS impossible for me. I am lucky enough to have people around me who know that, understand that and can extend kindeness when needed without me having to ask. They also encourage me to ask. I'm learning that asking for help when you need it is not something to be ashamed of. I'm learning that needing help doesn’t mean you are weak. I’m learning that I love repetition.
News as of late: the teacher I wanted fired ended up quitting. whoo hoo! I'm annoyed that she sold us a false bill of goods, but I'm also relived she quit. She did more harm than good, and in education that is beyond devastating.
There is more news out there but I'm watching the Red Sox hopefully go to the World Series. Hooray. Shhhhhh.... don't jinx it. So I'll reveal the rest soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment