

Today I went to Macy's and I bought a Kitchen Aid mixer! and some other stuff since I've decided to start baking. I've been cooking and I apologize for my lack of updates about that but I did make a pancetta and pasta dish as well as crab cakes, a yummy dessert, a vanilla cake and cupcakes.
But back to the baking. So I like baking because I can spend all day in the kitchen and focus on things that make sense (1/2 a cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk, pour into bowl) rather than all the things that don't make sense (men, the education system, the future of my career). In addition to the calming aspect of baking, I like the fact that I can give away the things I make. It's hard to cook well for one person, and I get tired of having to invite people over all the time. Besides, who wants to come over every night just to eat my new things?
In any case, this story started with a mixer, as I said, I went to the one day sale at Macy's (who knew I actually paid attention to things like that, but no matter) and bought a mixer as well as a tart pan, some mixing bowls, and a nice whisk. While I was at the counter, the lady working there said that I was sure to find a man now, "since so few women bake these days." She also pointed out that my good looks plus baking would guarantee a man who would have no reason to leave. We had a good laugh about that. While we were laughing, some other Macy's employees came over to see what the fuss was about. One of the guys saw my mixer and asked, "Oh did you register for the other one and trade it in for this?"
I just looked at him and said, "No I'm not married. I just wanted a mixer."
He seemed shocked. I laughed and carried my big ass mixer home by myself and made a bad-ass cheesecake, that I think I might just eat . .In my house, by myself, in my pajamas, with a big grin and some strawberries.
Oh and isn't my living room lovely?
Your living room is lovely, and I has a jealous. I miss my Billy bookcases and KitchenAid mixer.
ReplyDeleteImagine people thinking you need to be married to buy a mixer. Noooo, you need to be married to buy a vibrator. Silly people.
And I ask myself, I need to be married for what again? I still ain't gots a Kitchen Aid mixer with a sweet P-51 Mustang Flying Tiger paint job. Serious jealous.
ReplyDeletelovely! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI've been decorating living spaces, and cooking and baking for myself for many years now. And quite happy about it!
ReplyDeleteGood on ya darlin'. The house looks Amazing!
@Sparrow- Haha. Oh goodness, I literally spit out my coffee while reading. Indeed, single people do just fine.
ReplyDelete@ Captain- I tried to tell you. . .
@Savy- I know right? I can't wit for you to get here!
@Felix- I am quite sure you make amazing baked goods given how fabulous you are!
Books and a mixer - what more could you need. I though at first you had a new hubby:)
ReplyDeleteOh no Pat,you would certainly have heard about that! Although it is like me to get married and not tell anyone. HA.
ReplyDelete