So I went to church this morning. As a favor to a dear dear friend. It was fun. There were a few things that gave me pause however.
1: The Communion wine and wafers were passed out in a prepackaged bundle. Imagine if you will, one of those half and half containers you get a diners, instead filled with wine and with a communion wafer wrapped in plastic on the top. I suppose it saves time but really, what happened to the ceremony?
2: The focus on financial benefits from loving God kinda put me off. One Deacon did a dance after explaining how he sold his house for half a million dollars. The upside of this declaration was that he danced like James Brown in The Blues Brothers. I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud!
Other than that, I sat for three (yes three) hours and listened to the singing and watched the dancing.
Also this weekend, my estranged gay husband returned from the East. This is a man that I met in the fall of 1999 on Sunday morning in Paris. He has, since that day, been the best relationship I've ever had with a man. It helps that he's so pretty and wonderful and we can shop together. Anyway, he and his new boyfriend, the blue-blooded Ty from Boston, came to visit me in LA. We ran around and I gave them an LA history tour. I spent the entire day with them yesterday and I can't wait for them to come back. We talked about them moving out here and us having a glorious life living on the Venice canals and raising a baby together. I hope they come. Spending time with them felt like coming back to family.
All in all a wonderful LA weekend.
Now it is time for work, the Oscars, and maybe some cheesecake! Next week we will discuss whether or not my parents should arrange a marriage for me. It sounds pretty tempting. Oh yeah and I was unceremoniously told that i wasn't right for the guy I went on the date with a few weeks ago. Mostly because although he "didn't mind going slowly" he didn't want to go "slowly [my] way." And after three weeks he thought it odd that I didn't want him to come over and cook dinner while I worked.
What the hell happened to dating. If I wanted dinner and work, I would have stayed married. Oh well.
PS. I love being single, so take that date guy.
and you rock! your daddy is working up his own criteria as we speak! ;~D xoxox
ReplyDeleteOh my. Church. Wow.
ReplyDeleteI arranged a perfectly good marriage for my daughter when she was 2 years old, but unfortunately he didn't wait for her to grow up, he went off and married someone else. Moral of the story, marry them as toddlers. No, wait, I'm sure there's some other moral there...
At 18 my daughter's still expecting me to arrange a marriage for her. Mind you, she has a perfectly lovely boyfriend that is in the pre-med program at UC Irvine, but his main flaw? He does not like manga as much as she does. So there goes my future plans for introducing my son-in-law, the doctor. Sheesh.
I'm glad you had a good weekend. Date Guy sounds like an ass.
Wow! He wanted to cook in your apartment while you weren't there? What the hell? I'd have laughed in his fucking face and walked very briskly in the opposite direction. It's funny, either guys want to keep girls at arms length forever so they can play video games all day or they want to move in right off the bat and play house. I just don't get it, buddy. I don't get it at all.
ReplyDelete