Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No words. None.

Well actually I do have a few.

The first is "inculturate." This is the word that was thrown around at least a dozen times yesterday in the "setting the stage" portion of the retreat or conference or whatever the hell it was. I assume he meant indoctrinate, but whatever. It is not amusing when you are dragged 50 miles away to be preached to by an "educator" about raising your standards as a professional when he MAKES UP WORDS. How can I take this organization seriously when this is what I am forced to deal with? I am currently too tired/frustrated/ disheartened to write any more about that.

I will give you another word however, it's a phrase really, "a very impacted schedule." As in, "We have a very impacted schedule so we need to be mindful of the time." All wrong. No no no no no no. You can't have an impacted anything except teeth and concrete! But I still had to sit and listen to him tell me how to do my job.

With budget cuts looming, this is how we spend our time and money? No wonder California sucks.

I have to go listen to Journey now, so I don't stop believing.

6 comments:

  1. or you could come and listen to the proclaimers again! ;~D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They'll Always Be A Moon Over Marin"

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's stop complaining & just leave.. whatever happened to your inner-gypsy ?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can also have an impacted colon (which can be fatal). Maybe this is what he meant about the schedule. Maybe it's a reflection of his own poor digestive health. Next time, offer his schedule some psyllium seeds. Or just say, "Well, it looks like we need more educational fiber in this schedule."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say something along the lines of what Mr Moose said, only I'd have used the word 'gut' rather than 'colon'. Didn't know about psyllium seeds though, I wonder if you can give them to tortoises?

    I absolutely must, and will, incorporate the word 'inculturate' into a poem, once I've worked out how to pronounce it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mama- can't do it! it gets stuck in my head and stays for days on end!

    Captain- Yes indeed. it was most certainly on playlist driving home from that waste of time.

    ce mystere- now what kind of example would i be setting if I packed us up and moved again?

    Moose- I thought of that! I like the educational fiber though, I'm going to use that for sure.

    Eryl- You must do that and send it to me post haste!

    ReplyDelete