Everyone said to go to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Meh. It wasn't anything more than a glorified ditch with water in it.
Oh well.
I spent my first night here in a blur of tears since I was tired and was haunted by the ghost of an ex-boyfriend as soon as I stepped off the plane. However, the second day proved to be exactly what I needed. I had a great day at the conference and actually learned something, then went to a meeting with some people like me , THEN I went out on the town with the History Teacher!
We decided that San Antonio was a little like Long Island, stuck in the late 80's early 90's with smoking bars. We danced and watched baseball (in a bar!), while the History Teacher "tapered up" before his two week long trip with his brother. I was of course hopped up on about five caffeinated beverages and sugar. As he rambled on at one in the morning and slurred his way through conversations,my head buzzed with the caffeine and the knowledge that I spent an entire night on a pub crawl totally sober. With all of the difficulty over the past few days, the fear, the stress, and the unanswered questions, this moment made me feel alive and powerful.
I was so scared to come here and leave my little routine, but it was fine, is fine. I realized a few days ago that no matter where I go and what I do, I am enough. I will always be OK, I will always be good, and I will always be strong, because I am pretty damn cool and I don't need some damn guy to teach me that!
And that's the way it is.
(RIP Mr. Cronkite)
amen, sister! xoxo
ReplyDeleteGood for you ! Right On !
ReplyDeleteI am in my 60's and started over.
it only gets better. . .
You are my Buddha!
ReplyDelete@angryparsnip- Thanks! I am so glad to know it gets better!
ReplyDelete@Eryl-Ha! I'm only just learning all this for myself, but I'll tell you one thing-zen is so much better than crazy!
@mama- I know I'll always have my edie!