Thursday, August 28, 2008

LA Places, Pittsburgh Faces

Had a terrible day the other day. I am back at school and it is, let's say. . . disheartening. I am tired of listening to empty rhetoric about education. I am tired of being threatened by superiors. I am tired of stupid metaphors, along the lines of, "We gotta get the right people on the bus, and the wrong people off the bus." Orientation feels more and more like a Baptist tent revival.
In any case, I went an did the only thing a girl can do after a bad day: I got dressed up and went to the Standard rooftop bar and had a glass of expensive champagne. Mr. ATL and had a lovely time. We met "normal" people from Pittsburgh and had a great conversation about education, life,the economy and politics. It was a refreshing reminder that all of the world is not stupid and careless. We laughed and enjoyed each other for a few hours. Then we went our separate ways. It is nice to be human every once and a while. To free myself from the self imposed burden of perfection. Sometimes all you can do is have a drink and laugh with the people from Pittsburgh.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you're right, we definitely gotta get the wrong people off the bus. Cuz at the end of the day, it's all about the kids. You gotta give them a new paradigm and get them thinking proactively. You teachers are a ball team and you gotta work like a team to bring in those homers. Everyone's gotta job to do, even the left fielder. So go that extra mile and give a hunnerd and ten percent cuz their our no bad kidz just bad teeches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank Jesus and my mom and of course the offensive line for making this W possible. Also, I wanna give a shout out to my baby mamma Sharice. What up girl! I love you! Uh, yeah, and I just want everyone to know I'm going to reinvest in the community...

    ReplyDelete