So here it is the first post of the new year. I was inspired by my lovely Mama to write something. There are a great many changes in the life of Supernana. My dear brother is getting married to my dear friend, which works out well for all parties involved. I am happy to be on the groom's side though, as all I have to do is plan the surf trip bachelor party. Yes, I am for the second time in my life, serving as a "Best Man." Nice. No rings, flowers or dresses to worry about.
The New Year's Eve party was nice, as he proposed at midnight. I brought by partner in crime these days, a rather fabulous new friend Rebbecca. Becs and I decided to go the party together so we could start the year surrounded by love, rather than the usual bitterness and blah that single women in their thirties are prone to during holiday festivities.
In other news, the job situation is looking up, but I can't quite talk about it yet since I'm still sworn to secrecy. I am excited and good things are coming.
I'm on a quest to do new things each week in order to keep some perspective on my life and not go crazy. This week, I started my days with a disco dance party in my apartment and my car. Today I it was ABBA. It helped to be in a good mood before facing the kiddies and their ever changing teenage dramas. And I am quite sure I provided some much needed amusement for people in morning LA traffic.
Additionally, I have been inspired by AJ Jacobs and his Rationality Project. Check it out if you are interested. (you will have to google it, as the link does not want to work or copy and paste http://www.esquire.com/features/rationality-project-1108)
After a wild romp through my subconscious, I discovered that I have a great deal of irrational feelings an responses to things. I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers!
Good times, lady!
ReplyDelete