Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tattoo Madness in the Spite Mines

So yesterday after a long day of work I went to get my huge tattoo worked on and hopefully finished. What I did not realize was that getting a tattoo at the end of a long emotional week is a bad idea. It hurt a lot and I was exhausted. Charly, the tattoo guy, had warned me, but as usual I didn't listen. So I spent the night in and tears on the living room floor trying like mad to go to sleep. And of course, my own actions sent me to the spite mines, wherein in I wallowed in self pity for a while and felt awful.

This tattoo is a big deal for me and I want to finish it, but I cant seem to find the time or the energy to do so. I need to move into patience and acceptance. And I need to sleep. Oh yeah, and I should listen the next time the tattoo artist says "are you sure?" because I wasn't and now my back hurts. lessons lessons lessons.

2 comments: