I had a wonderful chat with Number Three, all the way out in Spain. He is so funny. We talked the day after Spain won the Euro. I was very glad that he was able to experience that national pride. I never felt that until I went to France and they won the Euro and the World Cup(le pauvre francais . . ). I always feel more upset when my soccer teams lose. I realize that I have nothing to do with them winning, but it stings in a way that baseball,football, and basketball don't. After I wrote that sentence, I realized that basketball broke my heart a mere two weeks ago. So there goes my theory. Number Three was also upset about the Lakers. He was almost too upset to speak actually. We just stayed on the phone and yelled at each other. Things like, "It was crazy! Can you even believe it? What the hell? I was pissed!" We went on like that for a little while.
We did discuss his impending move(I am trying like mad to get him to move into the tropics that would be too amazing). I miss Number Three. I feel as if we are all a little off balance. We need him to complete the circle.
We ARE off balance. The goddamn rotational axis is askew and things just aint right.
ReplyDeleteand so the compass will be aligned correctly....not a minute too soon
ReplyDelete